Furniture Refinishing and Upholstery Specialist
AMC Liquidators is seeking a Furniture Refinishing Specialist to join our team.
AMC's goal is to be the #1 Furniture Recyclers in the World
Are you an energetic individual with furniture refinishing experience ideally in the hospitality, furniture, accessories, interior design or reseller industry? Are you a true professional in appearance, approach, demeanor and attitude?, Do you assertively engage in your job to always do your best? Do you have proficiency in current computer technology?
You will report directly to the Furniture Restoration Shop Manager for AMC Liquidators
Furniture Refinishing Specialist Role Description
Be part of a world class furniture restoration, upholstery cleaning and assembly department that is composed of the most talented specialists in their field. We want to be designated the “Best in the Business”
- Be an in-store “expert” for questions regarding any furniture refinishing work
- Be part of an in-house and offsite furniture restoration team. Assist in the hiring of team members for the restoration department per company procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management in generating new ideas for growth of the Restoration and Refinishing Department in addition to differentiating us from our competitors.
- Ensure that our deadlines are always met and we always achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that you and all other restoration team members sent to do outside work know the full scope of work, conditions, and quality standards required. All work must be signed off by the client daily, for billing purposes.
Lead the invention, reinvention, and reliable implementation of the most innovative, highest quality, most cost effective processes in the world
- You and the team will need to keep up to date with new developments in equipment and techniques and constantly search for more productive and innovative procedures.
Lead in the creation of a culture in which there are only two categories: those who serve the customers directly and those who serve those who are serving the customers
- 100% customer satisfaction for all work done for internal purposes or for our outside clients
Overall Job Requirements:
- Must own and operate your own car, valid driver's license required
- Individual must be creative, detailed oriented, quality focused and resourceful, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to implement tasks, in many cases, without outside assistance.
- Candidate must have effective planning and organizational experience to implement multiple projects and meet deadlines, in many cases, without outside assistance.
- Candidate should have basic computer skills
- Must have ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive and deadline driven environment.
- Must be a fast learner – can learn new programs and tasks, quickly and effectively.
- The successful candidate should be professional, friendly, and able to interact well with all levels of staff.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends as necessary, to meet the goals and expectations of this role.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks, while at the same time, motivating your team.
- Ability to analyze situations and gather information to develop sound, ethical business solutions and be able to present these ideas to management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to lift and/or move 25-50 pounds as needed
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the US and potentially offshore.
- Strong, proactive, attention to detail and commitment to excellence in your own work and the work of your staff.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics.